REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF CONSULTING SERVICES
LIBERIA FOREST SECTOR PROJECT
PROJECT ID: P154114
GRANT ID: TFA2427
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NO: EPA/LFSP/CONS/04
Assignment Title: Preparation of Second State of Environment Report (SOER) covering 2005-2015 & National Environmental Action Plan (NEAP) covering 2016-2020 for the Republic of Liberia.
- This request for expressions of interest follows the General procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business No. WB452-01/17 of January 31, 2017.
The Government of Liberia through the Forestry Development Authority (Implementing Agency) has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) acting as administrator of the Liberia Single Donor Forest Landscape Trust Fund (financed by the Government of Norway) in the amount of US$36.7 million towards the cost of the Liberia Forest Sector Project, and the Environmental Protection Agency (Project Implementing Entity) intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant to eligible payments under a contract for consulting services for preparation of Second State of Environment Report (SOER) covering the period between 2005-2015 & a National Environmental Action Plan (NEAP), covering 2016-2020.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include preparation of Second State of Environment Report (SOER) covering the period between 2005-2015 & a National Environmental Action Plan (NEAP), covering 2016-2020.
The objective of this assignment is to develop the second State of the Environment Report (SoER) and the first National Environmental Action Plan (NEAP) for the Republic of Liberia. In overall terms, the SoER, will provide a comprehensive assessment of environmental issues in the country, by looking back at the experiences in environmental management between 2005-2015. The NEAP, on the other hand, will identify areas for priority action, going forward.
In overall terms, EPA recognizes the interconnectedness and cross sectoral nature of the environmental issues for Liberia (forests, biodiversity, energy, mining, health, etc.) and intends to analyze those and the relevant policy solutions in these documents. In addition, the information in these documents would support project development in various sectors including forestry (especially by the LFSP Project Implementing Entities).
It is expected that the duration of this assignment will cover a period of 270 days. However, the estimated level of effort by the selected firm is 150 days.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The consulting firm must possess the following experience and competencies:
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in environmental and developmental reporting.
- Must have provided consultancy services relating to the production of national reports including but not limited to SoER, NEAP, environmental audits, environmental assessments, risk assessment.
- Must be familiar with Liberian environmental protection and management frameworks;
- Extensive work experience and proven record in the development of environmental studies and baseline surveys, state and trends analysis, environmental modeling and scenarios development.
- Availability of Competent Staff with relevant qualification and experience to undertake the assignment.
- Experience in the Region (West Africa; Liberia is a plus).
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s
Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the Fixed Budget (FBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900 to 1600 hours GMT.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, by mail or by e-mail) by 16:00 GMT on Thursday, April 27, 2017. Envelopes or subject of emails must be marked “Expression of Interest for Preparation of SoER and NEAP”.
Environmental Protection Agency
4th Street, Sinkor
P.O. Box 4024
1000 Monrovia, 10 Liberia
Attention: Z. Elijah Whapoe, LFSP Focal Point