The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has received funding from the Initiative for Climate Action Transparency(ICAT) to build capacities of technical experts in the EPA, relevant sector ministries and other stakeholders to be able to assess the impact of mitigation policies, measures, actions and plans and track and monitor progress in NDC Implementation.
The Project will focus on 3 priority sectors: energy, transport and waste with the specific objectives to:
- Contribute towards ongoing efforts to build a national transparency framework that meets international standard and is tailored to domestic needs
- Strengthen the EPA’s and relevant stakeholders’ capacities to apply methodologies and tools to assess GHG and sustainable development impacts and the effectiveness of policies, measures, actions and plans included in the NDC
- Contribute towards ongoing efforts to improve the availability and quality of data required for measuring GHG and sustainable development impacts and the effectiveness of policies and measures included in the NDC
- Support the formulation of NDC targets and actions in a manner that allows consistent monitoring and evaluation of progress(in collaboration with relevant existing initiatives that support the NDC update in the framework of the NDC Roadmap)
- Contribute towards ongoing efforts to develop frameworks that facilitate tracking of progress on NDC implementation and strengthen capacities to construct and apply indicators toward that end
In view of the above, the EPA seeks to recruit a National Project Facilitator. Please see details information attached: